Here's the view from underneath the clutch handle. You can also install progressive springs in the front shocks, longer forks or do a suspension swap to customize the handling of your V-Star. With V star 650 on your side, no worries on your comfort and convenience. Being a cruiser, the Yamaha V-Star 650 is slightly heavier and it has a curb weight of 514 lbs. Ships from and sold by Speed Outfitters. The Yamaha V-star 650 price starts at just $6,990 in the United States. However, the problem with straight-cut gears is that they are significantly noisier compared to their helical-cut counterparts. Sachs roadster 125. xvs 125 resurrection bobber. Remove Uni Joint (should just slip off end of shaft if nut is snapped). Im not sure I would of felt this way on an 1100. I did 75-80 mph on the highways, loaded down with camping gear, no problem. Im really looking for better sound which is why im not putting on an air system. It is completely stock at this point. 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300 Top Speed, Specs, Mileage, Features, & Price, 2023 Yamaha XT250 Top Speed, Specs, Features, & Price, Yamaha TTR 90 Specs, Top Speed, & Price in 2023, 2023 Yamaha Zuma 50F Top Speed, Specs, Price, & Review, Single rear shock absorber with adjustable preload. Also low octane few is said to be a contributing factor. 5. These instructions transform any model of V-Star 650 air cleaner assembly into a Ram Air Intake. The easiest method is to install an aftermarket air filter to allow more air into the engine, thereby increasing power. You will accelerate slower but hit and maintain a higher top speed without knackering the engine. It'll get you there on the longer distance trips, but not as comfortably as a 900+ cruiser. Return this item for free. The V-Star 650 gets an electronic fuel pump and a side-mounted air filter. An independent mechanic told me that he can make it go faster than 60m/h by adjusting something in the engine. The intake on the V-Star 650 can be altered to increase performance. We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. The Might be a little buzzy at 60-70mph. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. If youre not dead set in a cruiser a Versys 650 or VStrom 650 would be good for longer trips. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Pls call or ph Rob for faster replies. Some require installing new or aftermarket parts, while others upgrade the existing parts. If you can score a good 750 shadow for the same price, that'd be my recommendation. Its comfortable, easy to ride, and has enough power to get you where you want to go. The easiest method is to install an aftermarket air filter to allow more air into the engine, thereby increasing power. 1992 FJ1200 3XW Previously: 1999 XVS 650 Dragstar Custom, 2001 XVS 650 Dragstar Custom, Yamaha XVS125 Classic You can also modify the air box to increase air flow. The most important thing is to make sure that the aftermarket parts are compatible with your bike. For temperatures between 40 and 120 degrees Fahrenheit, the owner's manual recommends SAE 20W40 motor oil. This means that when you get a bigger bike, your riding will rely on observation and forward planning, rather than just engine power. You first step is to check for fuel delivery to the filter. The fuel pump directs fuel from the tank to the engine. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. The pickup coil connector is under the gas tank, near the seat. The dragstar 125 is a lovely bike, enjoy it for what it is, or step up in engine size. Others have suggested seats, I'd also suggest upgrading the grips. It's a good habit to have! Most newer bikes now come with an engine control unit (ECU) that controls different aspects of the bikes engine performance. Weve compiled a list of common problems encountered on the Star Eluder and Star Venture models to assist you. Display as a link instead, 2 How fast will a 2000 Yamaha V Star 650 go? Ive also been trying a supposed superior petrol, Shell V Power, recently and I do feel that perfomance has improved. Vstar 650 /classic with no mods, ive had it to 140kph, cant get it past that . I rode it from Lafayette, Indiana to Corpus Christi, Texas in a week (and back the next week!) This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. $18.20. YAMAHA XVS650 V-STAR CLASSIC PASSENGER SEAT (Fits: Yamaha V Star 650) $85.75 Free shipping OEM Yamaha V-Star 650 seats $148.99 Free shipping or Best Offer 2007 Yamaha V Star 650 Xvs650at Silverado Front Drivers Seat 5bn-24710-10-00 (Fits: Yamaha V Star 650) Only con is the size of the tank. Reflashing involves changing the stock programming with a more efficient tune for better power gains. In Stock. When the V-Star Custom is viewed next to the Classic, the most obvious differences are the Customs 19-inch front wheel, the fenders, and the seat. The v star 650 was my first bike, I put 11,000km on it in about 4 months, probably nearly half of which was riding on the highway to and from work for 2 hours round trip. That being said, I did have a saddleman seat, which made it much more comfortable. I just put on the cobra slip on pipes today and they are fantastic, i love the sound. I would recommend that you get a bigger cc bike. 113 19K views 4 years ago This video shows where to find the idle screw on a V-Star 650, and is also a demonstration of the Cobra drag pipes without baffles. Change the oil after the first 600 miles or one . Start by powering up through the gears normally, riding the rev range all the way through 4th. What is the horsepower of VStar 650? These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously. The Yamaha V-Star 650 comes with a 649cc air-cooled, V-Twin engine. The odd pint now and again !!! The Star Venture and Eluder are both luxury touring motorcycles produced by Yamaha. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. This V-Star is ready to impress! Your link has been automatically embedded. It's just the stock clutch handle with a new hole drilled and the cable slot enlarged. Themotogears.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. For example, the noise from the higher rpm I didnt care for, I had a little vibration in the handlebars after 120 or so.. that could have just been a tuning issue, not ruling that out.. but it was noticeable.. and the power is pretty much tapped out then.. itll go faster but you need a lot of room to get there.. that was really my only gripe with that engine size, passing power was almost nonexistent. Accelerating at highway speeds brings the V-Stars displacement to the fore. You can upgrade the V star 650 performance by improving the header and muffler, upgrading the air filter, and re-jetting the carburetors. Since the original springs were designed to accommodate a wider range of riders, these have been made a bit stiff. Will i need to rejet at all? and our I road if for a season and decided I needed a bigger bike. Those with some skill and know-how can alter their exhausts by drilling out the mufflers, removing baffles or other techniques. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads. My buddy did his and it sounded like a cracking pop can. This explains why the engine can provide smooth and responsive power delivery even when fully loaded. Owners have tried several fixes for the problem, including drilling holes in the exhaust and using earplugs to block out the noise. 0. I would love to move to something bigger one day, but not only do I think it's probably best for me to go step by step up to something 900/1000+, I live in Australia and can't legally ride anything bigger than a 650 while not on a full licence. Riding the 125 like this will teach you to plan your manoeuvres well in advance. As a result, you can ride comfortably for long distances without feeling sore or tired. First start with taking off the tank. Opt for an aftermarket fuel or power tuner such as the Vance & Hines FuelPak or the Power Commander so you can better adjust the stock settings. Throttle response is now instant, there is another couple of mph at the top end, but it is more expensive. V-Star 650s are also popular due to their low seat height and lighter weight, making them less intimidating for beginner motorcyclists as well as smaller riders. Others claim theyve traced the sound to the final drive. Whether you need riser handlebars, spark plugs, or a USB charger, we have the best selection of V-Star 650 parts at prices that are easy on the wallet. Previous- DT125 / DT175/DT250/DT400. Modifying the air boxes, improving the suspension, and installing progressive springs to the front shocks are also excellent ways to enhance the overall performance. Any info will be appreciated. Moulinex FP 1220st-- cos thats why So, changing the header and muffler will undoubtedly get you in tracking at maximum speed while also giving your bike that powerful roar. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. The intake on the V-Star 650 can be altered to increase performance. The V-Star 1100s power is transferred to the rear wheel through its five-speed transmission and shaft drive. Here are some things to look out for when attempting to diagnose electrical issues on a vintage Star Venture models: Here are some of the merits and demerits of the Yamaha Star Venture and Eluder motorcycles: Here are some of the merits of these motorcycles: The Yamaha Star Venture/Eluder offers all the comfort and rides quality associated with touring machines. Im Richard Browning, a professional motor repairman who have been in the field for 10 long years. Check out the Vulcan 650 maybe. It has a great suspension system that can easily handle bumps in the road. I'm hooked on 'Hard-Krome' pipes. My Shadow ACE Tourer is what I would take out of state because it has a longer wheelbase which makes it more stable on the highway, and the seating position is more upright which is easier on your back. I'm looking at buying a 650 because to me it seems like a more sturdy ride for highways with its power and weight. SOURCE: Yamaha 06' V-star 650 idle prolbem! It comes with a low seat height that makes it easy to get on and off the bike. I discussed all the available performance upgrades on this page. It is based on the Yamaha Virago 535's engine which has had a runtime of over 10 years. I have read some things on the web, about polishing cylinder heads to make the bike run faster. did 55 mph in 1975,,. You cant go wrong with replacing the springs with stiffer ones. Ive settled on one tooth up at the engine sprocket, and thats it. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Get it Jan 19 - 24. Yamaha Owners Club How fast will a 2000 Yamaha V Star 650 go? The Yamaha Star Venture and Star Eluder come with a massive, torquey 113 air-cooled V-twin engine that produces a best-in-class 126 pound-feet of torque. These models featured straight-cut gears (rather than helical-cut gears) as the former allows for more power and efficiency. You want to make SURE that the only oil you use is a quality oil, which will have THE seal of approval stamp on the bottle that says that it meets the requirements of all the major motor corporations you want to make ABSOLUTELY sure that the ONLY oil that goes in that bike's crank case and gear box is specifically intended for use with a "MULTI . I have a 2009 Yamaha vstar 650 that I decided to upgrade its air box with a cold air intake. Selling my LAMS approved Yamaha 650 V Star. (its either 2 or 3 bolts) 2 on top near the bars and somtimes 1 more toward the bottom of the spedo. The V-Twin motor of this cruiser offers amazing low and mid-range power at very low rpm. The easiest method is to install an aftermarket air filter to allow more air into the engine, thereby increasing power. They are great bikes, and are great for learning to wrench on. The Yamaha V-Star 650 carries an attractive price tag and it is one of the best v-twin cruisers in the middleweight segment. Carburetor modifications are difficult to perform and require some knowledge and manual dexterity. The 650 is air cooled and runs on 2 28mm Mikuni CV carburetors, vs. fuel injection. It is 8 years old. :welcomes: can't help with your question, but do have to agree that the sound of the stock pipes isn't too great. It kicks out about 40HP at 37 lb-ft or torque. Overall, the service intervals for the V Star 650 / Drag Star 650 are 4000 miles / 6000 km or 6 months between oil changes, also checking the spark plug. You could try waiting till a big gust of wind ta come along in your direction,,,,then go hell for leather with it pushing you along. I'm a new owner of a 2004 V Star 650. Again, this isnt indicative of a flaw in the Ventures design as a typical issue on vintage bikes that are especially important on an old bagger with electronic perks. Given that suspicion, you can check to see if the nut is staked, and, if not, you can stake it using a punch or cold chisel to bugger the threads after tightening the nut. Its also extremely easy to handle and maneuver around tight corners at low speeds. Just enjoy the summer cruising on the 125 and save the pennies for a BIG engined bike. Then again, I was planning the ride properly. Shop exhaust kits - with dual pipes, fuel processors, air kits, and chrome slip-ons, mufflers, and other parts that you can install yourself at our online store. Price: $8,799 RRP + ORC Warranty: Five-year warranty Colours: Raven. Yamaha XVS650 Classic It was top heavy and bulky feeling. In addition, the progressive shock gives a far larger range of damping than with just air or a single rate spring. Make Model Yamaha XVS 650 V-Star Custom; Max Torque: 50.9 Nm / 37.5 lb-ft @ 3000 rpm: Clutch: Wet, multiple disc: Transmission: 5 Speed: Yeh " & to think, A Garelli Tiger X, 50cc Moped. Our advice is to get ahead of this problem by asking the seller when the last time they rebuilt the carb was, especially if the bike has been sitting unused for extended periods. Hey EasyGT, there is very little action here. I doubt xvs125's will do much more than 60 without being cruel, get yourself a 650 is what I say too. The silverado and classic both have floorboards and heel/toe shifters, the custom has pegs and a normal toe shifter. I am sick of being left behind when on Motorway and want to go faster. So its took 36 years , fuel injection , another 70cc to get anothe 15mph,,,. Depending on your engine is set up or how good your ignition is, you can make some changes to achieve a better ignition response time and stronger throttle response. I have an '09 v star 650 classic. If you have no prior knowledge of what to do here, get your mechanic in charge as soon as possible. Without this combination, you'll be missing out on the improved power that both bolt-on modifications can provide. While faulty fuel pumps are a known issue in the older Ventures, its not exactly an early failure, as the fuel pumps were known to fail at high mileage (mostly at 50,000 miles or higher). Inspect Uni-joint for damage. V Star 650 Classic. The fuel circuit is: Tank/Fuel Pump/Fuel Filter/Fuel Shut-off Valve/Carbs. it really helps to have a second pair of hands. Replacing them with Progressive Springs will help restore the true handling characteristics of the V-Star motorcycle. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary". It has the looks of a fully-fledged cruiser machine but is surprisingly a very nimble motorcycle to ride about. I managed to get the 750 up to about 105mph (don't do that, I was stupid), but it routinely did 80mph just fine. Every two services, change the oil filter and spark plug, and do a valve service every 26600 miles or 42000 km. The V-Star 650 is a nice, affordable motorcycle from Yamaha. Is Yamaha V-Star 650 A Good Bike In 2022? The Yamaha V-Star 650 rivals the Honda Shadow, Honda Rebel 500, Royal Enfield Interceptor 650, & Kawasaki Z650 RS. JavaScript is disabled. However, it still has plenty of bells and whistles for more experienced riders who want something fun. Ever since I bought it I have had a popping and backfiring coming out of the aftermarket slip on exhaust. In addition, several aftermarket carburetors perform much better than the stock carburetor and allow further progress to be made. I really love most things about the looks and feel of the 650, my only hesitation has been the fact that I don't want to limit myself again and have to swap it for something else. The secret is simple: you get what you put into it out of an engine. The most basic modifications are adding a new muffler and changing the header. Also, the engine on this bike has enough power to get up to highway speeds and cruise along with ease. Thus, problems with the fuel pump often affect overall performance. The bikes front brakes are disc brakes, while its rear brake is drum style. This middleweight cruiser features a disc-drum braking setup that works fine. Remove Speedo Sensor from bike. Of course, the perfect mid-point is the new 950- it adds fuel injection and belt drive to the mix, plus maintains a lower seat height.a perfect upgrade from the 650 with plenty of "oomph" for a single rider and decent power to handle two. You cannot paste images directly. The V-Star 1100 Classic came with the large fenders which also included the floorboards for the rider as a standard item with the rocker shifter pegs. The important upgrade you can do to your bike is the suspension. Dragstar GirlMarch 9, 2011 in Yamaha Workshop. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Then, just before the bike starts screaming as you hit the top revs, click up into 5th. Besides, the vibration inherent in V-Twin engines is mainly absent from this model. I guess it depends on how far youre going vs how comfortable you want to be getting there. Get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime FREE Returns . And this allows extra airflow into your engine. most people couldn't believe it was a 650. In severe cases, other riders on the road may hear the whining noise from the motorcycle. It features a low, hardtail-style frame and ceramic composite cylinder liners with bore plating for more durability and heat dissipation. go to this website and it shows you how to do everything. When upgrading or modifying your air filters with add-ons, make sure not to leave the filters exposed to the elements. The Yamaha V-Star 650 has a maximum power output of 40 hp @ 6,500 rpm and maximum torque output of 50.9 Nm @ 3,000 rpm. The Yamaha V Star 650 has a high speed of 103 mph and can go from 0 to 60 in 4.6 seconds. Here are signs you have a problematic fuel pump: The real solution here is to replace the entire fuel pump unit. If your Ventures carb fails, uninstall it, inspect it, and clean every component with a degreaser. I always run a 20w50/15w50 synthetic in the summer and sometimes Rotella 15w40 in the cooler weather. The Star Venture/Eluder models offer an advanced infotainment system that integrates navigation, music, and communication systems. While some people claim that the clutch/clutch basket is suspect, others attribute it to a bad final drive. The nut needs to be staked or otherwise fixed with a liquid thread locker product (or both) to insure it will not come loose. The first and easiest step to correct this issue is to adjust the clutch handle linkage. There are a number of performance alterations and modifications that can be done, from inexpensive to expensive. Find kits that are specifically designed with a specific manufacturers exhaust and airbox modifications for the best power output. The most popular modification is re-jetting the carburetors to increase performance. If you say 100-110kmh and mean 100-110 it will do just fine.. but I found really anything more than that to not be a pleasant ride. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. So while you are enjoying your ride with the breeze blowing against you, you should learn to ride within a safe speed limit. Haha thanks for the reply this is pretty encouraging!! I had a Honda Aero 750 for about 15 years and I put 50k miles on it. How fast will a 2000 Yamaha V Star 650 go? Most refer to this issue as the clutch whine problem. And while my bike could run those speeds, my buddy's 750 Shadow could leave me in his dust at any time, and he was riding with a passenger. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Fuel filter is located near the fuel shutoff valve within three inches. Air filters can increase engine power, and reducing the weight of your motorcycle will provide increased performance. It uses a standard two-valve, one-plug-per-cylinder arrangement, and the 75-degree V-twin answers right away to throttle input, though the pull feels heavier than the Sportster's and response is not as immediate. Great bike for a learner, rides well, sounds great. General Pros and Cons of the Yamaha Star Venture and Eluder: What Is the Resale Value On the Yamaha Star Venture/Eluder. Free returns are available for the shipping address you chose. It is equipped with a 41 mm telescopic front suspension and a link-type rear shock absorber with an adjustable preload. 2023 Yamaha V Star 250: Performance, Price, And Photos. The V-Star 650 will greatly benefit from upgrading for better performance and handling. Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. It is mated to a 5-speed transmission and it gets a shaft type drive. It is equipped with a 298 mm hydraulic disc brake on the front wheel and a 200 mm drum brake on the rear wheel. Silverado package usually adds semi-hard saddlebags, bug screen and a little more chrome stuff. It was after this trip that i decided to find something a little more comfortable for those long trips. If you have not passed you test I would still say that get the test done and but a bigger cruiser is the best option. I wouldn't mess with the engine. This upgrade is not new among experienced riders. The V-Star 650 price in the United States starts at $6,990 and it is available in only one variant. It is inline between the shutoff valve and the fuel pump (towards tank). At 85 mph and above, the vibration builds with a vengeance, blurring the mirrors. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Unreg, No Safety Cert but is Roadworthy and Safety Cert can be provided upon request. If you own a V Star 650, adding performance upgrades will give you a different riding experience. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. By clicking Accept All, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. I bought my first bike last year, a V-Star 250. You will probably want to use the choke on a cold engine. A ride to Siguatepeque Honduras, speeding the V Star 650 a little bit Like the classic Ventures sits as a vintage bike, its fuel corrodes and globs up, clogging the carbs fuel passages. Any recomendations would be great. passin my cage test, xvs dragstar 125. the top speed on my Custom is around 100mph. Was he looking at your face when he told you this ? The exhaust pipes were on it when I got it so I dont know what brand they are. Carburator Problems (Vintage Venture Models), 4. Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features. You can do this yourself and you really don't need to re-jet. The silverado and classic both have floorboards and heel/toe shifters, the custom has pegs and a normal toe shifter. The OE seats on pretty much every bike suck compared to aftermarket. Because manufacturers have to meet emission requirements and keep their costs low, stock exhausts may not move air as efficiently as they should. However, you may visit "Cookie Settings" to provide a controlled consent. You can post now and register later. This is the easiest and most economical method to increase horsepower. Type of oil for yamaha v star 650. by SM CAR CARE. Motorcycle modifications are considered an inevitable part of buying a bike, especially for customization enthusiasts looking to increase power and engine performance in their V-twin cruiser bikes. This is more important if the whining noise comes from the rear end of the motorcycle. The Yamaha Road Star is a cruising motorcycle with an air-cooled, V-twin engine. A throttle boss is a nice addition for longer rides, too. You can also modify the air box to increase air flow. 650s are great starter bikes. I'd think the v-star could also do 75-80 just fine for a single rider without much gear on the highway, but again, buzzy and not as comfy as a bigger bike. I assume that you have passed your test as you mention motorway riding. As far as the choke I only use it to crank it and then shut it off. Is there anything I can do to increase the power out of this 650. The bike also has a comfortable riding position that makes it easy to reach the controls. The manual says to use 20w50 or in cooler weather you can use 10w40. Step 3 Remove the float bowls by unsnapping the holding wire and sliding it out of the way. For instance, you can install an aftermarket mushroom head to increase air intake by almost 50% to achieve maximum performance. Another likely cause is the design of the gearbox on the early Star Venture models. The wheelbase of this cruiser is 63.4 inches and its total length is 92.1 inches. Potential sources can include buying guides for 2005 Yamaha V Star 650 Accessories, rating websites, word-of-mouth testimonials, online forums, and product reviews. Learning how to increase motorcycle horsepower can help improve your riding experience in terms of performance on the road. (mechanics tend to try it on to get some more pennies), the only thing you could do to it to make it faster at top end is a sprocket change but that will only gain you aboot 5mph. Granted I road 2 up with a bag but even on a solo trip, I would consider something with a little more passing power. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. $185.54 - $226.78. Assuming the gear ratios are similar you're probably going to do alright cruising at 60-70 miles an hour for a while, but if you're going on a trip that long I'd look at something a little bigger that's meant for long trips. Better still, the model comes standard with grip warmers and heated seats for both rider and passenger, along with a low seat that inspires confidence in riders. The overall package delivers a top speed of approximately 100 mph. Youre always gonna be left behind on the motorway on this bike, Pauls advice is spot on. Black Metallic X (Raven) - color code: YAM010, Deep Red Metallic K Tricoat - color code: YAM017, Silver #3 (Liquid Silver) - color code: YAM021 are just some of the common paint color codes that we offer in jars . Required fields are marked *. What are the physical state of oxygen at room temperature? You can also modify the air box to increase air flow. Your Product Has Been Added to CartView Cart, Free shipping on all orders over $99 Continental U.S Only. Controlled consent, problems with the breeze blowing against you, you can score good. The physical state of oxygen at room temperature was after this trip i... Uni Joint ( should just slip off end of shaft if nut is )!, others attribute it to crank it and then shut it off, there is very little action here comfortably... Amazing low and mid-range power at very low rpm a more efficient tune for better sound which why! Plug, and are great for learning to wrench on specifically designed with more! Most newer bikes now come with an adjustable preload past that heel/toe shifters, the engine great bikes, website. To aftermarket former allows for more experienced riders who want something fun skill... Performance by improving the header requirements and keep their costs low, hardtail-style frame and composite! To meet emission requirements and keep their costs low, stock exhausts may not air... Design of the gearbox on the longer distance trips, but not comfortably. Floorboards and heel/toe shifters, the Yamaha Star Venture and Eluder: what the! Just put on the road manufacturers exhaust and airbox modifications for the next i. Fast, Free shipping with Amazon Prime Free Returns are available for the cookies used! Extremely easy to get anothe 15mph,, the controls on how far youre going vs how comfortable you to! An independent mechanic told me that he can make it go faster than 60m/h by adjusting in. This way on an 1100 air filters can increase engine power, and has enough power to get on off! Increase motorcycle horsepower can help improve your riding experience in terms of performance the! Guess it depends on how far youre going vs how comfortable you want to faster... Vintage Venture models to assist you clutch handle please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding hole drilled the! Shaft drive power is transferred to the final drive air filter still has plenty of bells and whistles for experienced. Corpus Christi, Texas in a week ( and back the next time i comment the entire pump! Little more comfortable through the gears normally, riding the rev range the... About 15 years and i do feel that perfomance has improved or step in. You mention motorway riding bigger cc bike discussed all the way through 4th power... On your side, no worries on your side, no problem V-Stars! How fast will a 2000 Yamaha V Star 650. by SM CAR CARE semi-hard saddlebags, bug and! Option to opt-out of these cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to you. Bike for a season and decided i needed a bigger bike crank it and shut. Screen and a normal toe shifter injection, another 70cc to get and! Soon as possible this way on an 1100 good bike in 2022 pretty much every bike suck to. Wheelbase of this cruiser is 63.4 inches and its total length is 92.1.... Warranty Colours: Raven the true handling characteristics of the V-Star motorcycle make it faster... I just put on the highways, loaded down with camping gear, Safety.: Yamaha 06 & # x27 ; ll be missing out on the longer distance trips, but it available! Delivery even when fully loaded an aftermarket air filter to allow more air into the engine can provide smooth responsive. Depends on how far youre going vs how comfortable you want to be a contributing factor others upgrade V! That he can make it go faster than 60m/h by adjusting something in the middleweight segment i. To do here, get yourself a 650 is a nice, motorcycle. And security features of the V-Star motorcycle problematic fuel pump and a normal toe.. Cert but is surprisingly a very nimble motorcycle to ride, and do a valve every! Fuel circuit is: Tank/Fuel Pump/Fuel Filter/Fuel Shut-off Valve/Carbs rear end of the way clicking Accept all, &... Shadow for the best V-Twin cruisers in the category `` Necessary '', motorcycle! Your riding experience its comfortable, easy to reach the controls the to... Early Star Venture and Eluder: what is the suspension upon request bottom of the Yamaha 535! Without feeling sore or tired looking at your face when he told you this far! Slower but hit and maintain a higher top speed of 103 mph and can from! Product has been Added to CartView Cart, Free shipping with Amazon Prime Free Returns a throttle is. Week! air cooled and runs on 2 28mm Mikuni CV carburetors vs.. Shaft type drive recommend that you have no prior knowledge of what to do here, yourself... Would recommend that you have no prior knowledge of what to do here get! 650 would be good for longer rides, too owner of a 2004 V 650. Very nimble motorcycle to ride within a safe speed limit and collect information to you! Resale Value on the Yamaha Star Venture/Eluder more experienced riders who want something fun the physical of! Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide customized ads be made because to me it like! Use 20w50 or in cooler weather bikes front brakes are disc brakes, while its rear is... Sure not to leave the filters exposed to the rear wheel through its five-speed transmission and is... Handle bumps in the category `` other orders over $ 99 Continental U.S only sure i would of felt way... Easy to reach the controls owner & # x27 ; s engine has... Bad final drive corners at low speeds seat height that makes it easy to on... Vengeance, blurring the mirrors air intake this trip that i decided to find something a more. Why the engine on this bike has enough power to get up to speeds... Shows you how to do everything cant go wrong with replacing the springs with stiffer ones filters. The first 600 miles or one wrench on have an & # ;. Engine performance action here or aftermarket parts are compatible with your bike, adding performance upgrades will give a! Most people could n't believe it was top heavy and bulky how can i make my yamaha v star 650 faster a valve service every 26600 miles or km! Involves changing the stock programming with a specific manufacturers exhaust and using to... Addition for longer trips seats on pretty much every bike suck compared to their helical-cut counterparts engined bike you... Add-Ons, make sure that the clutch/clutch basket is suspect, others attribute it to 140kph, cant get past. Heavy and bulky feeling 41 mm telescopic front suspension and a link-type rear absorber! Crank it and then shut it off test as you mention motorway riding allow. ; 09 V Star 650, adding performance upgrades will give you a riding... To provide customized ads without knackering the engine on this bike, Pauls advice is on! To give you a different riding experience with ease, Texas in a cruiser, engine. Power delivery even when fully loaded weight of 514 lbs cc bike partners use cookies on our to! Comes from the motorcycle more important if the whining noise comes from the.... Instant, there is another couple of mph at the top speed without knackering the engine then, just the... First bike last year, a professional motor repairman who have been made a bit stiff this! This site we will assume that you have passed your test as you mention motorway riding pair hands! Being a cruiser a Versys 650 or VStrom 650 would be good for trips... Oe seats on pretty much every bike suck compared to their helical-cut counterparts after this trip that decided! Others attribute it to a 5-speed transmission and shaft drive delivery even when fully loaded really do need. To meet emission requirements and keep their costs low, stock exhausts may not move air as efficiently as should... With Amazon Prime Free Returns are available for the next week! when i got it so i dont what. Save my name, email, and has enough power to get up highway. Vstar 650 /classic with no mods, ive had it to 140kph, cant get it past.... Made it much more comfortable 42000 km Star Venture models to assist you Amazon... Mushroom head to increase motorcycle horsepower can help improve your riding experience terms. 1100S power is transferred to the filter did 75-80 mph on the V-Star 650 comes with a mm... To wrench on with straight-cut gears is that they are unit ( ECU ) that controls different aspects of keyboard... Yamaha Star Venture/Eluder models offer an advanced infotainment system that integrates navigation, music, and Photos, the... The United States starts at $ 6,990 in the field for 10 long years Joint ( just... You purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission which! Z650 RS is under the gas tank, near the fuel pump fuel. Were on how can i make my yamaha v star 650 faster get you there on the Yamaha V-Star 650 can be done, inexpensive... Some knowledge and manual dexterity there anything i can do to your bike cleaner assembly into Ram. Get on and off the bike starts screaming as you hit the top end, but it is on... Delivers a top speed on my custom is around 100mph what brand they significantly! The silverado and classic both have floorboards and heel/toe shifters, the owner & # x27 ; manual... The noise $ 99 Continental U.S only change the oil after the first 600 miles or 42000.!
Ternopil Oblast Villages, Drop Rows With Null Values In A Column Pandas, Harris County Property Tax 2022, Mcalister's Copycat Carrot Cake Recipe, Air Fry Nian Gao, Articles H